The Den provides a safe and inspiring space for community building, personal discovery, and peer-supported growth for 6th to 12th graders, with special focus on the middle school population. The Den does this by providing a meeting space, dinner, and the guidance of two experienced program facilitators, the same evening every week.
The Den meets Mondays between 3:30-7:30pm at the Stinson Beach Community Center Church Basement. Membership is free of cost but does require time commitment for local stewardship programs to support area non-profit projects (i.e. cooking for Food for Families, beach clean-up, or environmental restoration projects at Audubon Canyon Ranch).
The Den seeks to:
- Provide a special sense of community among its members.
- Encourage respectful and supportive interactions among its members.
- Expose its members to new or different perspectives, skills, and ideas.
- Instill and promote a spirit of gratitude.
- Provide an alternative, safe, open space for its members to spend at least one evening a week.
- Offer its members the chance to engage in group creative processes and projects, for which outcomes are not pre-determined.
- Provide opportunities for its members to take on a share of group leadership and responsibility
- Adapt, transform, and grow in response to the needs and interests of its members.
Email email@example.com for a Registration Packet or more information.